In the morning sun
The mountains beckon brightly
Outside the window
‘A Haiku to Purpose’
A father seeks to care for his daughter.
AN OLYMPIC sprinter seeks to do the impossible.
To the Japanese, each and every one of us has a duty to FIND our
reason to be alive. Our reason to get out of bed in the morning. Our ikigai. Because it is our purpose that drives us to DISCOVER the meaning of our days and the happiness that lies within.
AS A FILM MAKER, WHAT DOES IKIGAI MEAN TO YOU? INTERPRET AND EXPLORE THIS TOPIC IN AN ORIGINAL SHORT FILM OF NOT MORE THAN 10 MINUTES LONG.
ABOUT PANASONIC FILM FEST 2020
Panasonic Film Fest returns this year to offer a fresh opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to explore, experiment and express their creativity. As a leader in audio-visual products and technology, Panasonic Malaysia is proud to host this short film competition for the second year running to cultivate and promote excellence in the art of filmmaking.
All participants must prepare the following:
- 1. Short film video: the duration of the video must not exceed ten (10) minutes including title and credits.
- 2. Short film poster: a poster of the short film of at least 1MB in JPEG or PDF format.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is one (1).
- All components of the entry must be an original creation of the participant.
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the video includes English subtitles.
- Each entry must be uploaded on YouTube (labelled as “Unlisted”) and submitted through vieratv.my.panasonic.com/filmfest2020
- For submissions in the STUDENT category, state the name of the university/college/school that the participant is currently enrolled in.
- Participants with the shortlisted entries will be required to attend the Award Ceremony to receive their prizes.
A complete submission to the Panasonic Film Fest 2020 should include:-
- A completed entry form available at vieratv.my.panasonic.com/filmfest2020.
- A soft copy promotional poster of your short film of at least 1MB.
- A URL link to your short film on your YouTube channel with a video quality of 4K (3840 x 2160p). Participant’s film entry upload must be labelled as “Unlisted” and must not be sharable on any online avenues.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
All entries MUST be submitted by 11.59pm, 15 June 2020.
Panasonic Malaysia reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any film which is of insufficient quality to ensure satisfactory public screening. The decision of Panasonic Malaysia in all matters relating to the Competition shall be final and binding.
Founder / Creative Director, Borderless
A writer, creative director and problem solver with more than 20 years of experience with agencies in Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
CEO, Iceberg Post
A veteran in the local broadcast scene, creating drama and excitement in the moving media spectrum for no less than 20 years.
Videographer / lecturer, MMU
As a critically acclaimed videographer and filmmaker with a solid theoretical background, Ghaz is well known for his music videos, films and telemovies.
As an award winning film director, she is the first Malaysian to have her work premiered at the coveted Venice International Film Festival. An alumna of Berlinale Talents Campus and Locarno Filmmakers Academy.